Submit your screenplay to the Annual BlueCat Screenplay Competition through MoviePitcher and get the added benefits your project deserves! Please read the eligibility requirements below, submit it and let us make sure your project stands out!
- The Feature Winner of the 2019 Competition will receive $15,000. Four Feature Finalists will receive $2500 each.
- The Shorts Winner of the 2019 Competition will receive $10,000. Three Shorts Finalists will receive $2000 each.
- The Cordelia Prize will be awarded to the Best Feature screenplay written by a screenwriter residing in the UK and will receive $2000.
- The Joplin Award will be awarded to the Best Feature screenplay written by a screenwriter residing outside the USA, Canada or the UK and will receive $2000.
- The Roshan Award will be awarded to the Best Feature screenplay written by a screenwriter residing in India and will receive $2000.
Competition Results Announcement Schedule
- Quarter-Finalists will be announced February 7th, 2019
- Semi-Finalists will be announced March 1st, 2019.
- Shorts Finalists will be announced March 13th, 2019.
- Feature Finalists will be announced March 14th, 2019.
- Roshan Award will be announced March 19th, 2019.
- Joplin Award will be announced March 20th, 2019.
- Cordelia Award will be announced March 21st, 2019.
- The Shorts Screenplay Winner will be announced March 28th, 2019.
- The Feature Screenplay Winner will be announced March 30th, 2019.
- Submitted scripts must be original screenplays, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
- All ages are eligible.
- All entries must be in English.
- Feature screenplays must be between 65 and 125 pages in length. Absolutely no exceptions.
- Short screenplays must be between 1 and 49 pages in length. Absolutely no exceptions.
- There is no limit to the number of screenplays you may submit.
- You may submit a screenplay one time and resubmit that screenplay once.
- All entries must be uploaded in PDF format.
- Under absolutely no circumstances will substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entry screenplay(s) be made. Screenplays will not be returned.
- If a submitted screenplay becomes optioned, produced or purchased between the time of submission and the end of the judging period, that screenplay will no longer be eligible.
- Competition judges, readers and employees of the BlueCat Screenplay Competition, past and present, and their immediate friends and families, are not eligible to enter.
- Previous winners of the BlueCat Screenplay Competition are not eligible.
- Screenplays, including outlines, treatments, pitches, log lines or any developmental material related to screenplay, that have previously won any contest, competition, grant, lab, fellowship, mentorship, reading or award of any kind, are not eligible.
- Screenplays submitted under a pen name will be immediately disqualified.
- Screenplay titles cannot be changed upon resubmission under any circumstances.
- Screenplays that have been submitted to any competition or contest prior to November 15th, 2012 are not eligible.
- Past and present scripts consulted on through Gordy Hoffman’s screenplay consultation service or the BlueCat workshops are not eligible.
- Past and Present USC and UCLA students of Gordy Hoffman are not eligible.
- Screenplays uploaded or posted online to the public are not eligible.
October 5, 2019
Find Out More